Why me? Well for one, I think I’m a Cool Mom. Actually I think I’m a cool person and also a cool mom. My kids still mostly agree though I am able to embarrass them by doing or wearing things that “are not cool Mom…” rather easily these days. I love it! Payback time!!!
That aside – I can write about most things. I mean if I can write about what a pixel is and also be a shoe, I feel I can cover a pretty wide array of topics and products. I’m a jack-of-most-trades and can bring an international twist and perspective to the writer’s pool. I’m a curious person and don’t tend to settle for the status quo. I try to have an open-mind about most things and living in Amsterdam has definitely pushed me in that area.
- Translating: I am great at translating ideas/products/languages into something people understand and embrace.
- Teaching: I am an excellent teacher. Comes back to translating ideas/concepts into something others understand. I use creative visual methods, lots of jumping and activities and push people to just try.
- Writing: I write no-nonsense style – to the point. No long reports. Just can’t. There is usually an element of humor in my writing. Recently I’ve been writing as a shoe. Really.
- Languages: I speak 4 fluently and sometimes I’m not even conscious of which one I am speaking. My hands fly around for one, my throat makes strange G sounds for another. Though this is completely irrelevant for Cool Mom Picks, it is something I’m good at!
- People: I have a presence and energy with people – that’s what “they” say. I put on my best shoes and boom, nothing can stop me.
- Organizing: This is kind of a boring word to use but I manage to get a lot of stuff done and get dinner on the table every night. #havetobeagoodorganisorforthat
- Doing absolutely nothing: Yes. I can also do that really well.
What do I love?